Incorporating: ATLAS RUBBER MOULDINGS LTD
J PRICE (BATH) LTD established 1936
Squash balls personalised for clubs and individuals
It may be boring, but we are told we need these keywords. Squash, white ball, double yellow, world squash,and blue squash ball on this page
the fastest warm up balls available
Short cuts direct to all products
Yellow double dot for experts,
Yellow single dot for good players,
Red dot for average club players,
Blue dot for beginners and easy play
Did you know
….There are at least 8 different balls used in Squash. All made by us.
1,2 and 3. 3 mini squash balls. red & yellow, orange & yellow and green & yellow for the very young and junior beginners.
Then the difficulty progression is:
4. The Blue Dot, available as a green or black coloured ball... Used by adult beginners or fun players.
5. After improving, progressing to the Red Dot ball.
It is fair to say that the majority of casual players should be using the red speed ball. Particularly as they become a ’mature age’.
6. After developing skills using the red ball the next step up is the yellow single dot ball. Being honest, this in skill is as far up the ladder most players get. Some,Most will use a Double yellow dot, but.... Unless they have been coached or in the top bracket this is not really sensible. It does nothing for a self taught game and in fact can create bad habits. Difficult to lose and your play standard ceases to improve.
7. Finally there is a Green dot ball. Not much used, unless you have the lungs to go and play up a mountain when even the double dot can be too lively.
8. There are also White balls. Used in the main for glass courts and TV viewing.
Rackets...don’t worry about what racket you use as long as you are comfortable with it. Needs to be a squash racket of course!
These days most rackets are reasonable quality.All made in the Far East but ‘Brands’ carry a 200 -1000% mark up to cover their advertising costs, so why pay them, to persuade you, to buy their over priced rackets?. Not the thing to do unless you don’t know what to do with your money !.
LIGHT NOT GOOD ENOUGH ON YOUR COURT ?
Then you should try our fluorescent and Glow in the Dark Squash ball.
Will be available in all speeds.
It will be easier to see and if you can persuade Club or court owner
to add or replace a light with a UV bulb or tube you will be amazed at what a difference it makes. You can practically play with the lights out.